In Too Deep by Coert Voorhees Review!

In Too DeepAnnie Fleet, master scuba diver and history buff, knows she can't fight her nerd status as a freshman at her Los Angeles private school. And she doesn't care—except for the fact that her crush, Josh, thinks she's more adorable than desirable. Annie is determined to set him straight on their school trip to Mexico. But her teacher has other plans: he needs Annie to help him find Cortez's lost-long treasure. Suddenly, Annie finds herself scuba diving in pitch-black waters, jetting to Hawaii with Josh, and hunting for the priceless Golden Jaguar. But Annie and Josh aren't the only ones lured by the possibility of finding the greatest treasure ever lost at sea. Someone else wants the gold—and needs Annie dead. In deeper danger than she ever imagined, can Annie get the boy and find the Jaguar, or is she in over her head? Critically-acclaimed author Coert Voorhees delivers breathtaking romance and non-stop action in his newest novel, the spirited and captivating In Too Deep.

I loved this book! I was reluctant to pick it up because of the synopsis but I'm so glad I did! We follow the story of Annie Fleet, master scuba diver and her topsy-turvy life after she attends a class trip to Mexico (MEXICO REPRESENT). The start of the book was slow to me and not very good at grabbing the attention of the reader but once you get to the trip everything goes up and down from there. 

The plot got very interesting from there, especially mixing all the history in there kept it interesting and very fresh.  I loved how they had all the characters re-appear in the end for the final battle! The plot went smoothly with a few hitched here and there.

I had one big issue with this book. Don't get me wrong I loved Annie's character development and how her experiences changed her but I would have loved if she had realized that she changed for herself not for the boy. It seemed to me that she thought she changed for the boy and not for herself. I don't know,  I loved the book but this part bothered me a lot.

                                                           3.5/5 stars


Peace, Love and Fangirl,
Alex





No comments:

Post a Comment